Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Frogs with Frills

As I've mentioned before, I love classic baby themes, so I was excited to receive another order for a frog cake. This one, however, had a twist. Rather than being the typical gender neutral frog cake, this request was for a girl frog cake. In addition, I was asked to make some baby candy to go along with it for added decorations.

I was excited to find at the time of the order that there was actually some girl frog items available so I grabbed them up and they became the inspiration for the overall cake. I found some pink washcloths with frogs on them and then I found some adorable ribbon with frogs and flowers and I was off.

This cake was a "naked" cake starting with my standard boutique spiral design. Three layers of ribbons were added to the tiers finishing with the frog patterned ribbon. Washcloths, teethers, and a handmade bow added decoration to the cake and a super soft plush frog was added as a topper. To finish the cake, I added some precious frog and bow die cuts to bring it all together.

The next challenge was finding a way to make the washcloth candy and diaper cake a cohesive set. To achieve this, I opted to create candy in both styles - roll and spiral. I used green and two shades of pink and wrapped all the candy with the same frog and flower ribbon I used on the cake. These made a precious matching addition to the overall cake and created a great accent as table scatter for the shower.

This set turned out beautifully. I was so excited to see how it all came together. My customer was pleased with the final product which is all I can really ask for.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I totally loved Frogs with Frills cake a lot. Thanks a ton dear for sharing these details here. I am also upto finding the ideas for a funky baby shower for my cousin that I might be hosting at the rental event space San Francisco. Finding suitable ideas for the (Frogs themed part) décor. Can you help with that as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always up for matching ideas to themes!

    ReplyDelete