Monday, January 3, 2022

Puppy Love!


Having the itch to create another diaper cake, I decided I wanted to create some more holiday themed diaper cakes. The year before, I built some small holiday themed cakes purely for the purpose of taking the pictures so I could have something seasonal for my Facebook page. I wanted to go bigger though. The previous holiday cakes I had created were small, easily put together, and nowhere near the quality that I had started creating. My skill had just improved. My cakes looked better and I wanted the cleaner designs to be reflected. I also wanted to inspire people to think outside of the box - diaper cakes could be great gifts for "Baby's First" holidays.

For Valentine's one year I created what I called a "Puppy Love" diaper cake. All pink and hearts and a cute plush puppy for a topper.

I had on hand some blankets with various heart designs which I though would make a great background for this 3-tiered covered cake. I added coordinating ribbon. I selected some cute hart baby wash cloths and some additional pink socks to add to the tiers. For the top, I added a cute plush puppy I had. I also added some heart die cuts to fill out the cake.

I absolutely loved the final look. Granted, the cake was not for anyone in particular and was dismantled as soon as I created it and took the pictures, but it was so cute and looked just as complete and polished as a diaper cake I would make for someone else. It's too bad it wasn't intended for anyone as it would have made a great gift. Since then, it has always been used as my February profile picture as I love to update my Facebook page throughout the year with seasonal or holiday diaper cake images to continue to remind fans that any time is a great time for diaper cakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment