Monday, May 23, 2011

Candy, Candy, Candy!

Once again, as I was developing new concepts and reworking others, I put together another item that got very little attention since I first made it almost a year ago: Baby Candy. I decided that I would work a bit on the presentation and see if I could improve on what I had done before.

My initial set of baby candy was relatively large. Not too big, just an additional option for this gift/favor/decoration. I included disk candy and rolled candy. I incorporated diapers, washcloths, and teethers wrapped in cellophane for the candy effect. At the time, I was primarily working on concepts for presentation or display and something that would make the photograph appealing. I tried different layouts with a serving bowl and an aluminum tin to see what would work best and how it might be used in practice. I included a photograph in my product catalog binder, but I didn't go much further beyond that and didn't even post a picture on Facebook until recently when I "reinvented" the candy.

This time around, I think I did a better job with the candy. Both the disk and rolled candy were made with washcloths and I think they came out cleaner. I also used tulle to wrap the candy rather than cellophane and I'm not sure which one I like better. This candy was also much smaller than the first candy I made and I decided I would offer a small and large option for the candy. This set included 8 pieces of candy - 4 disks and 4 rolls. When packaging, I'm trying to decide if I want to offer the candy in sets of 6 or 8, but I'm leaning toward 6. With this smaller candy, I have more options when it comes to presentation/packaging and can use a smaller jar or container to package the candy or I can simply offer it in a treat bag.

I'm excited to finally and officially add this item to my product line. Along with the lollipops I've recently made, I'm on my way to offering a larger adorable assortment of other sweets and treats for customers. All I have left to do is work out the details on quantities, pricing, and packaging which won't take long and I feel confident about offering them for sale now.

No comments:

Post a Comment